Occupational Health Service Maximizes Health, Wellbeing, and the Quality of Life of Seniors in El Paso
In Home Occupational Therapy
- We offer the best in home care in the Sun City.
- Our top performing healthcare team is what sets us apart.
- We are highly reviewed for patient-centered care.
- As a local agency, we’re proud to support our community.
- We believe the elderly deserve unparalleled home health care.
- Advocating for quality senior home care is an important matter we stand behind.
- Our customer reviews allow us to improve our services. We will always keep your information private.
- There are many agencies to choose from but only one with such a high level of care.
- We follow the standard ratings from the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
- Our agency’s saying is “good people doing good things.”
- The geriatric population can depend on our in home care year round.
In Home Occupational Therapy is Designed to Improve Everyday Activities
Occupational therapy provided by El Paso Community Home Health is designed to treat individuals in the community who have recently had surgery or suffered an injury. The focus of our treatment is to enhance everyday life through activities that improve one’s skills. These are skills that may have been impaired or affected by a condition, illness, or injury.
In home occupational therapy is tailored to each patient’s unique circumstances. This may include coping with memory loss or mobility skills needed for everyday tasks such as dressing, cooking, or walking.
What Can Occupational Therapy Teach?
Occupational Therapists (OTs) treat skills that many of us would take for granted. Everything from brushing teeth to cooking simple meals or maneuvering around the home. These are small but very necessary tasks that as a patient you can regain or enhance.
Your occupational therapist may focus on the following skills and tasks:
- How to dress yourself in the morning
- How to safely take a shower
- How to cook a meal
- How to safely walk inside your home and in public settings
- And other living skills necessary for you!
What’s the Difference Between Occupational Therapy and Physical Therapy?
The main contrast between occupational therapy and physical therapy is their areas of focus. Physical therapy generally concentrates on overall mobility while occupational therapy focuses on daily living activities. One example of this is how a physical therapist will teach you how to walk while an occupational therapist will teach you how to put your shoes on. In many cases, the two will have aligning goals for patients.
How Long Will Treatment Last?
The course of treatment will vary patient by patient. Working closely with an occupational therapist allows him or her to assess your progress. Generally, when our team firsts begin treating you, we gain an understanding of your needs to set collaborative goals that focus on the ultimate goal of independence. Occupational therapy focuses on what a person can do and uses exercises to optimize those skills. Once your doctor or physician recognizes a satisfactory amount of progression, treatment may come to an end.
Will My Insurance Cover Treatment?
Many insurance plans do cover in home occupational therapy services but there may be certain conditions or limitations to coverage. While El Paso Community Home Health accepts most insurance plans and HMOs, we recommend giving us a call to verify that we accept your specific plan.
Connect With Us Today to Receive Superior Care Tomorrow
El Paso Community Home Health understands the needs of patients in our community. If you or a loved one is in need of reliable home health care, please connect with us today. We can make arrangements to be at your home within 24 hours. Our goal is to be there when you need us most.