An In Home Speech Pathologist
Can Make a Significant Difference
in the Lives of El Paso’s Elderly
- We have the best in home speech pathologists in El Paso!
- Our top performing health care team is ready to serve you.
- Our agency is highly reviewed for its attentiveness to patient needs.
- As a local home health care agency, we take pride in serving our community.
- We believe the elderly deserve dependable care.
- Our in home speech therapy focuses on caring for common senior conditions.
- Customer reviews are essential for improving our services. We value your feedback and respect your privacy.
- We pay close attention to the ratings and metrics from the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS), which surveys the quality of home health services.
- The geriatric population merits superior care and we continuously work to be their biggest advocate.
When to Consider Speech Therapy for Seniors
A speech pathologist is trained to treat conditions related to speech, cognition, language, voice, and oral issues such as eating or swallowing. For the elderly, Speech Therapy (ST) can assist you with natural conditions related to aging. As we grow older, our vocal cords become less elastic and the larynx muscles begin to weaken, creating difficulty communicating.
If you or a loved one is suffering from a speech-related issue, in home speech therapy provided by El Paso Community Home Health can assist you. We treat these and other conditions:
- Head injuries
- Memory loss
- Oral cancer
- Huntington’s disease
- Age-related speech impairments
What Will Speech Therapy Teach Me?
Learning to re-communicate comes with many challenges. The role of a speech pathologist is to recognize the skills that may have been diminished either with age or from an injury or stroke. Exercises may include vocal training that helps improve your ability to speak comfortably. Some patients may need assistance with eating and drinking. Your speech pathologist will evaluate your personal capacity for speech, language, and comprehension.
Examples of skills that can be learned include:
- How to communicate with others
- How to speak clearly and concisely
- How to control the volume of your voice
- How to listen to others and pick up on facial expressions
How Long Does Therapy Typically Last?
The full course of treatment varies from one patient to the next. Since treatments are tailored to your needs, there is no set number of weeks or months during which you will receive assistance from a speech pathologist. Generally, our initial consultation will begin by assessing your unique needs then creating strategies to treat them. If your condition worsens, we will notify your doctor or physician regarding these changes.
Will My Insurance Cover In Home Speech Therapy?
In many cases, insurance will cover speech therapy; however, it does vary plan by plan. We accept most insurances but to verify whether we accept your specific plan, please give us a call. We’d be happy to verify if we accept your provider.
Connect With Us Today to Improve Your Tomorrow
As you consider your options for home care, we hope you will keep us in mind. El Paso Community Home Health will be there for you when you need us most. We’re committed to treating you and your loved ones with reliable in-home senior care. Please contact us today to learn more about our services.