Medical Social Workers Support Seniors and Their Home Health Care Team
- Get to know the best medical social workers in El Paso.
- Our top performing team will ensure you’re protected.
- We are highly reviewed for providing outstanding senior patient care.
- Being a local agency means giving back to the community we love.
- The elderly deserve superior home health care.
- Seniors in El Paso can depend on our trustworthy providers.
- We value customer reviews as they allow us to better serve our patients. We respect your privacy in return.
- There are many home health care agencies to choose from in El Paso and as a patient, it’s your right to choose the provider of your preference.
- We closely follow the ratings from the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) who surveys the quality of home health services.
- Our agency was recognized and certified in 2006 by CMS.
- We are passionate about serving the geriatric population in El Paso.
The Importance of Medical Social Workers When it Comes to Health Care
A medical social worker plays a significant role in the home health care team. Social workers speak with patients, their family, and health care providers to ensure physical and mental health is being treated accordingly. The primary responsibility of social workers is to protect patients. In many cases, a social worker will be the first to address the needs of patients and offer options related to treatment, counseling, as well as information on resources.
What Social Services Do Medical Social Workers Provide?
The services provided by a medical social worker are designed to safeguard patients in a variety of ways. Services may help alleviate the mental and financial worries that so many seniors face prior to leaving the hospital.
Some of the responsibilities of social workers include:
- Patient Advocacy. Of the many responsibilities and areas of assistance social workers cover, their first and most crucial role is to be an advocate for patients. This includes learning about a patient’s unique needs and ensuring those needs are met. They will communicate with health care providers to make the necessary arrangements.
- Patient Intake Screening. A social worker may need to perform a comprehensive assessment of a patient’s medical history, emotional needs, mental capacity, and environment. This is generally done to make proper arrangements for treatment plans and home care providers.
- Patient Counseling. For patients dealing with emotional and social challenges, receiving counseling is one way social workers offer guidance and resources for further assistance. Families may also receive resources as to how they can better care for their loved one.
- Discharge Assistance. Prior to leaving the hospital, a medical social worker who is assigned to the case will review a patient’s plans for care at home. This involves coordinating home care services with the patient and their family as well as verifying that they will be able to pay for medications and care once they are back home.
Will My Insurance Cover Medical Social Work Services?
El Paso Community Home Health accepts most insurance plans; however, to verify that we accept your plan, we recommend contacting us directly. We’d be happy to help answer your initial questions!
Learn More About Receiving Help From Medical Social Workers
As you explore your options for home health care, you may need to consult with a medical social worker who will present you with helpful and insightful options. For families wanting to better understand the health care system, a medical social worker is often your first point of contact for navigating home health care options for loved ones. To receive more information, please connect with us today. Our role is to provide you with peace of mind.